This project was started to graph the availability of car parking spaces in Hampshire on Boxing Day 2009. It got me thinking about the trends of people shopping, and with the exact number of spaces listed in detail on the Hampshire ROMANSE website it was an easy problem to solve.
Now using the graphs listed below you can see the trends of car park space availability at your local shopping centre to give you an idea of the best time of day to go. Hampshire car parking status displayed in graph form!
Car Parks Currently Monitored
- Festival Place, Basingstoke
- The Anvil, Basingstoke
- Station Car Park 1, Basingstoke
- Station Car Park 2, Basingstoke
- West Quay Multi-story, Southampton
- West Quay Podium, Southampton
- Southampton IKEA, Southampton
- Marlands, Southampton
- Bargate Centre, Southampton
- Leisure World, Southampton
- Friarsgate, Winchester
- The Brooks, Winchester
- Middle Brook Street, Winchester
- Chesil Street, Winchester
- South Winchester Park & Ride Winchester
- Barfield Park & Ride, Winchester
- St. Catherines Park & Ride, Winchester ... or see all of the 24 hour period graphs on one page
Don't have your favourite car park on our list? Simply find it on the ROMANSE website and send me a link to it, and I'll add it to the database. Please note if the car park does not currently have live data listed, I will not be able to graph it.
Any questions/suggestions? Please do not hesitate to contact me.
I rely on the data returned from the ROMANSE service. Quite a few smaller car parks seem to return strange numbers a lot of the time, for example more spaces available than the maximum capacity and minus percentages.
A lot of the car parks (for example, all in Portsmouth) offer no live data at all, so I cannot track the usage of those